Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Spotted: Bigfoot, in Prague

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've seen quite a lot since I first arrived in Prague nearly three months ago. I've seen sensible women with turquoise hair. I've seen pleather. Lots of pleather. In fact, Prague has more pleather than it's genuine counterpart. And if we're talking about the predominant fabrics of Eastern Europe, I need to mention denim. We aren't talking about True Religion or Seven, we're talking about shit that makes Old Navy look like couture. And boy have I seen lamé. Everywhere. And it always seems to be fat, Italian, prepubescent girls, wearing gold lamé leggings. Like I said, I've seen a lot.

But, yet again, Eastern Europe shocked me. I never would have imagined that Bigfoot would be walking around the streets of Prague. But there it was, walking down Marianske Namesti today. Bigfoot. In the flesh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's appalling, right? It looks like a shag carpet that has been cut up and transformed into a very unflattering jacket. It would be one thing if it made her look skinny. But it doesn't. It makes her look like a tent. Are the Ringling Brothers hiding out inside somewhere? I think that the worst part about this jacket however is the fact that A LOT of women in Prague own one. And do you know what is even more appalling? It can be purchased at H&M. Hurry ladies, they're going fast! Only 1500 Kc!

No comments: